In the life of an iPhone’s owner, there comes a time when they want to sell the iPhone for whatever reason. And for doing this in a safe way, they need to reset the data and settings of the phone to factory default so that they may have to erase or delete all the stored data on their phone. So how to clear an iPhone’s data? The article provides you with a simple and secure guideline to do so.
It is not uncommon for most of us to replace our mobile phones every 11 to 18 months as soon as newer models are available. Having the newest and best on the market smartphone is a way to stay up to date with the current trends and to have the fastest functioning handset. However, when we sell our old devices, it’s important to ensure they are completely wiped.
Wiping involves securely removing everything on the phone so that the new owner will not be able to access any of your personal data or private information. While doing, this may sound common sense it is a step that often gets overlooked in the excitement of getting a new phone. Wiping the Apple iPhone can be easier and quicker than you think.
The Importance of Clearing iPhone Data
When you are planning on selling your iPhone for cash, it is of great importance that you erase all your personal and sensitive data to prevent any security threats. Needless to say, it is better to free up your iPhone’s memory completely before letting it out of your hands. If you are being careless, any of the following incidents can happen to you unluckily;
- Someone may be able to get access to your emails. Yes, it’s possible particularly if you don’t sign out your email accounts, as well as, don’t remove your password and login information from your iPhone.
- You can easily be hacked if someone else knows a lot of your personal information stored on your iPhone.
Take a Backup of Your iPhone’s Data
Just before erasing your iPhone’s data, you should back your data up so that you can easily restore it into your new handset. I believe everybody knows how to back up an iPhone; you can do it with iCloud or iTunes. Hence, here’s information regarding how to back up your iPhone via iTunes:
In case of creating backup automatically:
If you enable iTunes backup option, your iPhone will back up automatically when you connect it your PC. Here’s how to enable iTunes backup:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using your iPhone’s USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and click on the device icon located on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Click on the Summary and then choose This Computer under the section of automatic backup.
- Check the box for Encrypt iPhone Backup to make sure that your passwords and other health-related data are backed up.
- Now, you will have to create a password to protect your encrypted data.
- Click Done, once it will be finished.
In case of creating a backup manually:
You can take backup of your iPhone via iTunes manually by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using your iPhone’s USB cable.
- Open iTunes and click on the device icon.
- Choose the Summary and then Back Up Now under the section of manually backup and restore.
- Click Done, once it will be finished.
How To Clear Your iPhone’s Data?
Erasing or clearing the data from an iPhone or iPad is quite easier as these Apple devices use encryption which means all that is necessary is to reset the device with the “erase all contents and settings” option. Let’s take a look at how to erase an iPhone’s data and reset it default factory settings:
- Open Setting App on your iPhone device.
- Look for General and tap it.
- Scroll down and tap Reset to proceed.
- Once you choose Reset option, you will be prompted with two options you can choose from. If you select Reset All Settings, your device will be restored to its factory settings, hence it does not delete all your data. So, to do this, you have to tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Whichever option you will opt for, you have to confirm your action by entering your Apple’s ID passcode. So, if you are sure enough to continue, simply do this and then tap on the confirmation button.
Right after doing these above simple steps, all of your data will be erased and you will have an iPhone with all new settings and empty space. Now you can sell iPhone and get some cash in return.
Want to Get Most Cash Out of Your Old Phone? Where to Sell It!
Whether you are interested in selling an old Phone or a broken one, your first concern is surely to make the most money from it. For this, you should sell iPhone to a reputable mobile phone recycling company. These days, there are quite a number of phone recycling companies available online which are ready to pay for old phones.
To find the highly-paid recycler, you should look for a top-rated mobile recycling comparison website. Which allows you to compare the recent deals from the leading recycling websites. The comparison site will ask for the type of model and the condition of the phone. You need to input the information in the required fields. Based on your provided information, you will be shown a list of prices offered by their featured recycling companies. So that you can find the topmost deal for your old iPhone. If you agree to a certain price, you need to do the further proceedings. Then your selected recycling company will send you a package where you need to send your old phones. If the phone is in the same condition as mentioned earlier, the company will send you a cheque or transfer your earnings directly to your bank account.